EarthOptics is a growing AgTech company developing tools that help farmers more sustainably manage their soil, increase yields and feed the growing world. We are seeking a full-time Experienced Sales Account Executive to join our team.
As an Experienced Sales Account Executive, you will join our growing sales team and have people management and individual contributor responsibilities. The Experienced Sales Account Executive will work to help build a successful pipeline of clients for EarthOptics by identifying new business prospects and opportunities for our products. Ultimately, a top performing Experienced Sales Account Executive will be able to communicate effectively with customers and employees, as well as demonstrate exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
A Day in the Life…
External facing timing will be spent connecting with or visiting customers. Sales Account Executives must present EarthOptics SoilMapper platform and customer-specific data. Understanding customer needs and aligning EarthOptics offerings to meet needs will be a dynamic, creative, and technical undertaking ongoing. Internal time will be spent preparing sales orders, documenting opportunity pipeline progress, and working cross-functionally to serve customers.
We seek motivated individuals who are eager to gain new skills in a fast-paced environment and work closely and collaboratively with a team. We are committed to building a diverse team of employees from various backgrounds, educational histories, and industries. We have a competitive compensation package including robust healthcare benefits, paid time off, and meaningful equity options grants. Even if you do not meet all of the requirements below, we encourage you to apply - we’d love to hear from you! Learn more at www.EarthOptics.com.
To learn more about working at EarthOptics, visit: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/earthoptics
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Remote, US Based.
Travel: 40% travel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle the full cycle of sales from prospecting, setting appointments, scheduling/performing demonstrations, and closing deals.
- Build ongoing, long-term, collaborative relationships with customers through consultative sales skills, seeking ways to facilitate growth, and delivering new business.
- Oversee lead management and tracking, and grow and maintain a robust pipeline.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, account plans and territory management activities as required.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Territory plans, to direct coordinated marketing efforts
- Execute sales presentations and discussions at all levels of prospect organizations, including remote web presentations and onsite discussions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on proposals or promotional materials.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments or trends in AgTech and Precision Agriculture industries, assess the impact, and collaborate with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Maintain sales call data in appropriate systems and complete sales reports as directed.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and their presence in assigned territory.
- Strong analytical, influence, and innovative negotiation skills; capable of building strategic relations and influencing customer behavior via salesmanship & financial models or programs;
- Strong Sales ability and a team player with outstanding organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to work with marketing counterparts to maximize sales opportunities;
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of Marketing and Sales as well as Finance.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills necessary to deal with volatile, rapidly changing market conditions;
- Capable of building a relationship based on mutually agreed on strategic business objectives.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Business, Marketing, Ag Communications or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience growing and maintaining a sales pipeline with a history of meeting or exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Personal or professional experience in the Ag industry.
- Excellent oral, written, and network communication skills to effectively provide/present information to internal and external customers
- Must have ability and experience utilizing current technology platforms; Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Teleconference Apps (Zoom), CRM platforms
- Must be able to travel within the coverage area and occasionally nationwide.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check
What would make you stand out:
- Desire to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- Desire to work in a small and highly productive team
- Ability to work well in a remote work environment
What we can offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance - 75% funded by EarthOptics for benefit-eligible employees and dependents
- Company paid LTD, STD and Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity option grants
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule & Hybrid/Remote Work Environment
EarthOptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, marital, parental, veteran or disability status.